Friday 12 June 2020

What's In The News?

Naomi Osaka

Tennis: Naomi Osaka ranked 2nd on Forbes' top-paid female athlete list
This is Naomi Osaka. She made history when she defeated Serena Williams in the 2018 U.S. Open final and became the first Japanese born tennis player to win a Grand Slam title.  The win came with a $4.1 million dollar check  which is the most lucrative payout in Australian Open history.  

The 22 year old star tennis player is now the most paid player in history. 

She was in the news this week because she was the highest earning female sportsperson in the world during the last 12 months.  She earned 37.4 million US dollars.

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Skylah. I am Indie.I am from Grey Main school . I like how you have put a lot of detail in this post. I like how you but the money in of how much she got given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Skylah
    Its Milan here from Grey Main School.
    I really like how you have explained about Naomi Osaka and have put in a lot of detail. It was very interesting to read overall you did a good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Skylah this is Arli from Grey Main school
    I really enjoyed this very detailed post about this famous tennis player i like how you added lots of facts also a picture.
    keep up the great work
    Arli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Skylah, I enjoyed reading about Naomi because I knew nothing about her until I read your report. I wonder of female tennis stars are paid the same rate as male stars. Do you play tennis or enjoy watching games on TV?

    ReplyDelete
  5. kia ora skylah i love the interesting facts about Naomi Osaka they are cool and cant wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Skylah,
    I'm Nikita a year 8 from Yaldhurst Model School.

    This was an interesting topic for a blog-post I've known a few celebrities in some sports but I'd never thought about tennis players, especially a tennis player that's being paid like a millionaire!

    I've thought of tennis for a while although I think you've done a fair share of work on finding information on this player. Do you like tennis? Do you prefer tennis over other sports? Why did you pick to do it on Naomi Osaka?

    Kind Regards,
    -Nikita

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.