Friday 17 August 2018

marae trip

Tuesday 14th 2018


On Tuesday Mamaku 3 went to the Arahura marae we went with Rata 4 Pohutukawa 3 and Totora 3. When we first got out of the car we went and found our buddy's then walk towards the marae. We sat down and Matua T talked for a while then we did the hongi. We went and had food which was cake, apples and savouries. We all finished our food, went back to the Marae and Matua T told us some stories. We did our mihi and then when Matua t finished talking we left and we went back to school. I learnt that all the carvings in the wharenui has a story. 




2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Skylah ,
    I Love How You Have Put Everything You Did At The Marae . What Was Your Favourite Part About Going To The Marae ? My Favourite Part Was All The Stories The Man Told Us About . I Thought That The Carvings Were Really Cool Did You ?
    From Caysey !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Skylah,
    Its Hannah here from Mamaku 2, I like how you have added everything that you did there and what classes went with you, This reminds me when my class went to the Marae,
    I look forward to seeing more posts from you keep up the good work
    Hannah,

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.